- has an investment of $16 million in functional school buildings which are air-conditioned and well-equipped;
- opened a new high school in January 2003;
- serves over 140,000 lunches and over 21,000 breakfasts annually;
- has buses traveling over 193,758 miles annually;
- provides custodial care for over 362,300 square feet of building space and approximately 70 acres daily;
- serves 50.8% economically disadvantaged and 4.7% limited English proficient; and
- has a dropout rate of 0.0% and an attendance rate 96.1%
Interesting Facts about Our School:
Teachers' salaries -- state minimum plus $2,425 for Bachelors and $3,425 for Masters. The district provides $225 toward health insurance premiums through TRS Active-Care to the employee.
A copy of the student's Social Security card, a copy of the student's birth certificate, the student's immunization record, and proof of residency is required at the first time of registration for Rains schools.
Rains ISD includes the following programs/services to meet the needs of the students in the District: